Blackjack Card Counting Strategy
The double deck card game of Blackjack is played with two decks. This means that there are a total 104 cards to provide you winning totals in the game. The double deck card game is quite popular and is supported by two most renowned online casino software companies namely, Micro Gaming and Real Time Gaming. Pontoon by Real Time Gaming is one of the most widely played variations of Blackjack that is played with two decks of cards. Besides this Bonus Blackjack, Vegas Downtown Blackjack and Bonus Blackjack Gold presented by Micro Gaming are also played with two decks of cards.
The house advantage attached to the double deck card game of Blackjack is 0.49% which is quite less as compared to the four or more deck card games of Blackjack. But it is very important to follow a basic strategy in order to get the maximum profit out of this low casino edge. Most of the online casinos also give strategy cards for double deck games. These double deck strategy cards provide you with a basic strategy that can help you beat the casino. Systematically follow these pointers below if you wish to master the double deck card game of Blackjack:
- Check whether the game allows the dealer to ‘Hit’ or ‘Stand’ on soft 17.
- Logically it is always better to play on that double deck Blackjack game where the dealer is forced to ‘Stand’ on soft 17. The games with such options provide you with higher odds of beating the dealer because the dealer in this case is handicapped once they get the soft 17.
- Read the respective strategy card thoroughly before you begin playing on the double deck card games of Blackjack where the dealer has to stand on soft 17.
- Make all your moves like, Hitting, Standing, Doubling Down and Splitting based on the instructions given on the double deck strategy card.
- To illustrate: Let’s say that the dealer’s up card is 10 and the total in your hand is 11. You must always ‘Double Down’ in this case basically for two reasons:
1) First, as your hand total is less than the 17, the probability of going bust is less prominent.
2) Secondly, as it is a double deck card game, there are total 32 card values of 10 in the game that raise your odds of getting a Blackjack in this hand (11 + 10= 21).
Making all your moves based on the directions given in the double deck strategy card does not guarantee that you will win. However, if you follow it closely you can substantially reduce the casino edge that the house has planned against you.